BIOPOD DOWNWOOL EXTREME LIGHT 185
Ultra-light summer sleeping bag with smallest pack size and high comfort for sleeping.
With a weight starting from 450g and a compressed pack size from 13 x 17cm, i.e. only a handful, it is the optimal summer sleeping bag for trekking, biking, camping and for the Way of St. James.
The mummy sleeping bag has an innovative zip that allows you to comfortably place your feet on the top of the sleeping bag when it gets too warm.
Its comfortably cut mummy shape makes it light and small in pack size. The pillow compartment is also very practical - simply insert a fleece jacket, for example, and you have a pillow that won't slip during sleep.
The unique Feature of our DownWool sleeping bags is their innovative insulation: DownWool is a natural insulation made of 70% down and 30% wool and combines the advantages of both natural materials. Very good insulation and a pleasant feel-good climate.
HOW THE UNIQUE DOWNWOOL INSULATION WORKS
The natural high-end DownWool-Insulation is a blend of 70% high-quality RDS-certified down, which provides high insulation, and 30% wool from the Alpine region, which acts like a lightweight natural air conditioner. The combination is perfect. Nothing insulates as well as high-quality down. The 30% wool content absorbs any moisture that arises and thus keeps the down naturally drier. Down has a very high insulating capacity at a low weight. However, down only insulates as long as it is dry and fluffy. With increasing humidity, the fine branching of the down collapses, which considerably reduces the insulating effect of the down. For this reason, the down is often treated with water-repellent agents. With DownWool, this is made unnecessary by adding the wool content. Wool can absorb up to 30% of its own weight in moisture without losing its insulating effect. Furthermore, wool is very temperature regulating and creates a pleasant microclimate in a natural way.
The result is a unique sleeping climate, which means that the temperature range in which you feel comfortable and sleep well in a DownWool sleeping bag is particularly wide. This makes DownWool sleeping bags popular all-rounders.
- Outer material: Breathable and water-repellent ultra-light 20 denier 380T nylon (100% polyamide)
- Inner material: Breathable nylon, pleasant to the skin
- Good skin compatibility: Confidence in Textiles - Tested for harmful substances according to STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®
- Filling: 195 g DownWool of 70% duck down (90/10, 650+ cuin) and 30% wool
- Certification: The down in this sleeping bag is certified to the Responsible Down Standard (RDS CU 859743).
- Size: 215 x 80 x 50 cm (for body heights up to 185 cm)
- Weight: approx. 500g + pack sack
- Pack size: Ø 13 x 24 cm, compressed Ø 13 x 18 cm
- Pack volume: 3 litres, compressed 2,5 litres
- Material: 100% polyamide, Filling: 70% down / 30% wool - contains non-textile parts of animal origin
- Temperature: EN 23537: T Komfort: 12°C (53°F) | T Limit: 8°C (46°F) | T Extrem: -4°C (25°F)
- Adjustable hood: adapts to the shape of the head extremely well
- Inner pocket: for valuable items and things you would rather have close by
- Two-way zip with wide covering: to prevent heat loss through the zip
- White zip: allows you to find the sleeping bag easily even in the dark
- Zip retainer tape: to allow the zip to open and close more easily without getting stuck.
- Innovative foot ventilation system: Thanks to the innovative foot ventilation system, you can place your feet comfortably on the top side of the sleeping bag to allow excess heat to vent.
- Chamber construction: stitched through
- Feater loops (built-in for Feater - The Feet Heater): the waist-high bag with electrical heating can be added to the sleeping bag
- PFC free: no perfluorinated chemicals are used.
- Highly water repellent: We use the environmentally-friendly german BIONIC-FINISH® ECO impregnation system with ®RUCO-DRY ECO PLUS
Use: The ideal companion for summer trekking and bike tours as well as camping in the summer, in huts or for the Camino de Santiago (Way of St. James).
Care: The Biopod DownWool Extreme Light can be washed in your washing machine.
Scope of delivery: sleeping bag, light-weight 2-step compression bag, storage bag, full washing and care instructions.