Biopod DownWool Hybrid Underquilt
- Better sleeping climate thanks to the natural DownWool insulation
- Adjustable for different hammock lengths
- With a wind-prop side
- Bei Bestellung bis 11:00 Uhr wird am gleichen Tag versandt
BIOPOD DOWNWOOL HYBRID UNDERQUILT
Optimal thermal protection under the hammock
Thanks to the ingenious adjustment system, the Biopod DownWool Hybrid Underquilt adapts to almost all hammock lengths and can be attached with ease.
To prevent unintentional shifting of the Underquilt, there are adjustment hooks on the sides that are attached to the hammock. An elaborate oval chamber system prevents the DownWool filling from slipping.
In the areas that need increased insulation, the proven DownWool insulation has been used. The unique DownWool filling made of high-quality, RDS-certified down and wool ensures an excellent sleeping climate. The outer sections, which usually tend to condense, are filled with moisture-insensitive Synthdown.
The underquilt has two warmth levels: In cool temperatures, turn the windproof, seamless side out. If it gets warmer, the windproof side can be turned inwards towards the hammock, thus reducing the insulation.
The unique Feature of our DownWool products is their innovative insulation: DownWool is a natural insulation made of 70% down and 30% wool and combines the advantages of both natural materials. Very good insulation and a pleasant feel-good climate.
HOW THE UNIQUE DOWNWOOL INSULATION WORKS
The natural high-end DownWool-Insulation is a blend of 70% high-quality RDS-certified down, which provides high insulation, and 30% wool from the Alpine region, which acts like a lightweight natural air conditioner. The combination is perfect. Nothing insulates as well as high-quality down. The 30% wool content absorbs any moisture that arises and thus keeps the down naturally drier. Down has a very high insulating capacity at a low weight. However, down only insulates as long as it is dry and fluffy. With increasing humidity, the fine branching of the down collapses, which considerably reduces the insulating effect of the down. For this reason, the down is often treated with water-repellent agents. With DownWool, this is made unnecessary by adding the wool content. Wool can absorb up to 30% of its own weight in moisture without losing its insulating effect. Furthermore, wool is very temperature regulating and creates a pleasant microclimate in a natural way.
The result is a unique sleeping climate, which means that the temperature range in which you feel comfortable and sleep well in a DownWool products is particularly wide. This makes DownWool products popular all-rounders.
- Outer fabric: breathable and water-repellent ultra-lightweight 20 denier 380T nylon (100% polyamide).
- Inner material: supple, breathable nylon (100% polyamide)
- Good skin compatibility: Confidence in textiles - tested for harmful substances according to STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®.
- Filling: 225g DownWool made of 70% duck down (90/10 with 650+ cuin) and 30% refined wool; at the ends: 60g/m² Synthdown (100% polyester)
- Certification: The down in this product is certified to the Responsible Down Standard (RDS CU 859743).
- Size: 250 x 115 x 45 cm
- Weight: approx. 650 g + pack sack
- Pack size: Ø 14 x 32 cm, compressed Ø 14 x 23 cm
- Pack volume: 5 litres, compressed 3,5 litres
- Material: 100% polyamide, filling: 70% down / 30% wool - contains non-textile parts of animal origin; at the ends: 100% polyester
- Temperature: We recommend the Biopod DownWool Underquilt, as it is not closed all around, for late spring/summer/early autumn.
- Inner pocket: for valuables and things you prefer to keep close by
- Chamber construction: oval H-chamber system
- Moisture-insensitive insulation finishes: Monolayer Synthdown is used at the ends to protect against condensation moisture.
- Elastic and infinitely adjustable fastening system: for easy attachment to almost all hammocks
- Windproof side: to vary the insulation, the windproof side can be used outside or inside.
- PFC free: no perflourated chemicals are used.
- Highly water repellent: We equip with the German environmentally friendly impregnation BIONIC-FINISH ECO with RUCO-DRY ECO PLUS.
Use: Perfect for all Hammock Campers.
Care: The Biopod DownWool Hybrid Underquilt can be washed in the washing machine with down detergent on the wool programme.
Scope of delivery: Underquilt, fastening system, compression sack, storage bag, detailed washing and care instructions.